If you want to stop spending so much money on commercial cleaners and you want to learn how to use natural ingredients to make your own cleaners then this article is perfect for you. All of these recipes are super easy and cheap making them beginner-friendly!
4 Easy DIY Cleaners Recipes You Can Make!
– An All-Purpose Cleaner
The first DIY cleaner I ever made was this one. It’s literally so easy yet effective! You need to mix distilled water with a few drops of liquid dish soap. If you want, you can add a few drops of your favourite essential oil!
– Carpet Freshener
If you want to deodorize and freshen up your carpet then follow these steps:
- Mix a cup of baking soda with 10 drops of lavender essential oil (or tea tree). I recommend these two oils because they have antibacterial properties!
- Sprinkle the powder all over your carpet then let it sit for a couple of hours. I recommend letting it overnight.
- Then simply vacuum up the baking soda!
You can use this carpet deodorizer on your upholstery as well!
– DIY Granite/ Marble Cleaner
If you have granite or marble countertops then you can’t use the all-purpose cleaner we previously made because it contains vinegar (and vinegar will damage the surface).
Instead, you will need to mix 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol, a few drops of liquid dish soap, and distilled water in a spray bottle. Use this mixture to clean your granite or marble countertops!
– A Stainless Steel Cleaner
If you have stainless steel appliances or sinks then simply mix distilled water with a few drops of liquid dish soap. It’s the perfect cleaner to bring back the shine of your appliances!